Saturday, June 9, 2007

"The Goblin Dance"

When I was younger, I used to have a print hanging in my room. I loved it because it was really magical and I'd get lost in it. The drawing was of a parade consisting of a miniature princess, a frog, a rat and a goblin prancing about the floor of a mysterious and mythical forest. I've since lost the print and have begun an extensive internet-based search for it using keywords like "goblin drawing." Unfortunately, instead of my painting, I found pictures of a wacky, scary girl doing a "goblin dance." I have drawn it:



Here's a detail.



This is one of the original photographs. I know not her name or why she does the goblin dance, perhaps the mystery is the source of its charm.



Finally, to finish up today's post, a few other sketches.



Detail of the females.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, you're such a good artist, i wish i had half the talent that you had at drawing, in one of the things i do! i love the 'fake' --> on the girl with ridiculous boobs.